Our state-of-the-art compounding line enables us to produce plastic compounds with any polymer and / or polymer blends, additives, fillers and/or reinforcements. As such, we are able to offer our customers anything from toll-manufacturing to development and production of custom polymer compounds.
The 77mm, high-torque twin-screw Krauss Maffei Berstorff compounder was custom-built for us, which ensures the highest quality standard and allows for maximum flexibility of formulations. Our compounder features fully automatic gravimetric loading systems. Its 5 overhead Brabender loss-in-weight feeders ensure precision dosing of various polymers, additives, reinforcements and mineral fillers. The extruder itself features 2 side-arm feeders and various overhead feed ports, allowing for immense flexibility in the process. The main polymer throughput of the compounding line is 1000kg/hour.
The compounding line includes fully automatic downstream systems consisting of a strand pelletiser, vibrating screen and a heated silo with a precision bagging unit.
High speed mixer
We have a custom-built high-speed mixer setup, which allows us to produce various grades of functional fillers and filler blends for use in compounding.
Our coating facility was developed specifically for the manufacture of functional metakaolin fillers, which have been patented and proven to be exceptional in their performance.
Testing, quality control and product evaluation is ensured through our extensive in-house laboratory. We are equipped for:
- light microscopy, polarised light analysis;
- laser particle size analysis (0,05µm – 2000µm range);
- moisture content analysis;
- injection-moulding with a complete set of ISO test standard moulds for shooting test specimens for polymer analysis;
- flammability testing (glow-wire testing);
- absolute moisture metering through Karl Fischer Titrator;
- melt flow index (MFI)/ relative viscosity testing / intrinsic viscosity testing;
- filler content test / ash content test;
- tensile testing (tensile strength & flexural modulus);
- Charpy testing (impact strength / IZOD);
- hardness testing (Shore A & D);
- colorimetry (colour analysis);
- vicat softening / heat deflection tests;
- DSC (polymer/compound composition); and
- heat agency test.
Other analysis and tests, such as reactivity tests, chemical, mineralogical and thermogravimetric analyses are carried out at accredited laboratories affiliated to our own.
Research & Development facility
We have a dedicated and fully equipped research & development department, with testing facilities including workshop space, dryer units, curing rooms and of course our laboratory, where new products and product applications are developed and tested.
We offer tailor-made solutions to our customers for their product specific needs, including feasibility studies, product development, formulations, and full laboratory analysis and third-party certifications.